Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Nature Therapy

  • Dr Ric....how about grounding the body by walking barefooted on the ground, on the beach, or on the lawn?

  • DrRic Saguil Hey Manny, American Indian folklore attributes improving the body's healing when surrounded by nature. On the flip side, when an individual has no practice of "grounding" then proceeds to submerge themselves in the frenzy of "tech", it acts as a gateway drug/lifestyle that throws every cell in the body into poor eating/poor sleep/ poor activity. (obesity/heart attack/stroke) This is how I force grounding into my schedule: stop by a forest preserve, place my toes in the sand, stare over a body of water or watch a sunset. I can feel the serotonin being produced/recharged by every cell. This is why I created DrRics Hiking Excursions- "force" patients and friends to disconnect with tech and reconnect with nature. (barefoot or hiking boots!)

    Please review the lecture I gave at REI:
    http://www.slideshare.net/DrSaguil/drric-hiking-for-health-slide-share-edition

    and the Morton Arboretum:
    http://www.slideshare.net/DrSaguil/nature-therapy

    for ideas on how to "force" nature back into your life.